Khatwa Private ENT Clinic
Dr Mohamed A Khatwa
- Consultant ENT Surgeon, with special interest in Rhinology & Snoring
- Qualifications: MBChB, FRCS (OTO), FRCS (ORL-HNS)
- He took his specialist ENT training in North Wales & Liverpool. He gained further experience in advanced sinus surgery as a Rhinology Fellow at Derriford Hospital.
- He has successfully obtained the GMC Specialist Registration of Otolaryngology in January 2014.
- Mr. Khatwa works in Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust.
- He has joined the NHS in 1999.
- He has just been appointed as an Honorary Lecturer at the University of Exeter Medical School (UEMS).
- He achieved Fellowship from the Royal College of Surgeons in Otolaryngology FRCS (OTO) in 2000. As well as, the Inter-Collegiate Fellowship of ENT and Head & Neck Surgery FRCS (ORL-HNS) in 2008.
- His research was focused on Snoring disorders and he has published his studies in international peer reviewed journals. Additionally, he has 19 publications in various fields of ENT.
- He is actively involved in the field of Medical Education through structured teaching of undergraduate medical students at the University of Exeter Medical School (UEMS).
Mr. Khatwa is a General ENT surgeon and has a special interest in rhinology and Snoring. He has expanded his experience in nasal and sinus surgery by completing an accredited fellowship in Rhinology at Derriford hospital. He also has a special interest in snoring management and his research in this field was published in international peer reviewed journals. He has been actively involved in the area of research with national and international peer-reviewed publication.
Mr. Khatwa is an Ear, Nose and Throat Consultant. Currently, He works in Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust. He has joined the NHS in 1999. Subsequently, he achieved Fellowship from the Royal College of Surgeons in Otolaryngology FRCSI (OTO) in 2000. As well as, the Inter-Collegiate Fellowship of ENT and Head & Neck Surgery FRCS (ORL-HNS) in 2008. He has successfully obtained the GMC specialist registration of Otolaryngology in January 2014.
GMC Specialist Registration of Otolaryngology
I am writing this letter to congratulate you on the professionalism of your staff:- Mrs B Summer Clinical Nurse specialist and Mr Abo-Khatwa ENT Consultant. We have been attending regularly the ear, nose and throat department at the NDDH with our disabled daughter who has learning disabilities. The way they have treated her and ourselves has been excellent, the care, compassion, patience and understanding we receive each visit makes the whole experience so much more bearable.
Your staff are to be commended! Not everyone know how to deal or interact with people with special needs.
I just wanted to write a short letter, thanking you and your staff for the excellent treatment I received.
I suffered five years of reoccuring sinus and chest infections which acted as a trigger for asthma attacks I also suffer from.
My GP finally referred me to yourself. Nasal and sinus polyps were diagnosed.
On the 21st September 2018 you operated on me to remove them.
In the weeks since I have regained my full breathing through my nose and my sense of smell and taste has returned.
I had lost these senses some years ago.
Once again I cannot thank you and your staff enough.
I wish to express my appreciation of your time and effort to resolve the pain and pressure I had in the right-hand side of my nose. Prior to being reffered to you I had even resorted to snorting Cayenne Pepper to try and relieve the pressure. So, as you can imagine my symptoms were most uncomfortable.
After a scan, you recommended a minimal invasive surgical treatment to enlarge the nasal drainage pathways and improve sinus ventilation. Immediately after the operation I was able to breath through my right nostril and I believe my first words to the the nurse looking after me was my surprise at being able to do so.
The procedure has made a significant difference to my life. the intense pain and pressue in the sinus area has gone. I had some minor residual pressure and you have recommended I use a sinus was and a steroid spray to manage this.
Thank you for making a difference, not just for my but also for my wife who tells me I am less grumpy and more alert. Please pass on our thanks to your whole team, including the anaesthetists.
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
I really wanted to let you know how much I appreciated your careful and informative approach since being referred to you.
Although my symptoms are not ‘life threatening’, you really took on board the pain and disruption this was having to my daily living and compounded by the fact that I look after my elderly parents, and my mother in law who lives in NZ!
I can honestly say that the operation has been far more successful than I expected, and relieved to be able to feel ‘normal’ again in my head, it’s a shame you can’t sort my arm out too!
So again, thank you, not only for the operation, but for your understanding and kindness.